Sunday 22 November 2009

Buildings


The buildings seen above may be of some interest to readers , they are veterans of many a battle but haven't seen the light of day for several years.
I bought them roughly 20 years ago from Duncan Macfarlane's Stratagem Publications , they were made by a German company named Schreiber and are paper . My wife made many of these for me , I used them for a fictional 18th century set up in 15mm and almost forgot about them until recently.
They are various scales between 1:120 and 1:160 if I remember correctly and I have a couple of dozen , some need some work on them though and I had a nasty accident when my tape measure shot from my fingers when I stumbled and smashed the roof in of one of them during a recent game.
I like the underscale effect of these buildings on the table and am very pleased to have resurrected them .
In terms of games use I prefer not to demolish and occupy built up areas a la Grant but use them more as obstacles to movement and line of sight. I do much the same with woods and count both features as impassable to any but loose/open order troops.

No comments:

Post a Comment