Saturday 4 July 2020

The Bengal Lancers arrive.

Well it has taken me all week to get these soldiers done. The weather has been so wet and windy it was very hard to spray prime them outside.


As the horses were in black plastic I decided to paint the details and gloss them, a nice short cut I thought. The  coat of PVA bobbled up from the well washed plastic though, but a coat of Klear/Future helped to smooth out most of the bumps.


I replaced the bendy lance shafts with cocktail sticks to avoid the paint shedding, they are a bit thick but so am I.


Well, I finally nipped out and primed the riders and saddles during a brief window in the weather and got the blighters painted.

I staged some photos of them on the table, I am very pleased with them.










I need to paint some more Pathans next but of course it is raining again!.

10 comments:

  1. They look really good Paul and it looks like you had fun taking the pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maudlin Jack, I did have fun actually, my second childhood I reckon.

      Delete
  2. Really looking excellent... Lances look fine and toylike.. not too thick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Springinsfeld, at least they will not be able to spring and ping off the paint.

      Delete
  3. The photos speak for themselves, excellent setup.

    Pjotr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pjotr, I am enjoying this project.

      Delete
  4. The figures look great and the lances are a big improvement, did you keep the original penants and points?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brian, yes I did keep the pennants and points, I cut away the shaft and drilled a hole in to push the cocktail stick point into.
      Regards,
      Paul.

      Delete
  5. Hi Paul- Well you are progressing on this 54mm Project at a rapid pace- the Lancers look superb- a good idea to use the sticks for lances- nothing worse than paint flaking because of the bendy nature of the plastic. Keep up the good work. Cheers. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks KEV, I managed to prime another ten Pathans last night when the rain stopped. It was a brief window of opportunity between rain and a howling gale today.
      Regards,
      Paul.

      Delete